Wednesday, April 16, 2014: Final abstract due in Clinical Research Office
Please see the Guidelines for Research Fair Abstracts for requirements.
Friday, April 4, 2014 – Poster should be designed and setup on computer by this date
Friday, April 18, 2014 – EMAIL your final poster to the research office for printing (no design or setup will be done in research office after April 26)
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 (Day of Research Fair)
Two representatives of your research team must be present from 2:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. at the poster so that one of you can eat lunch while the other person stands by the poster. A judge will ask you to briefly present your project during this time.
Take your poster down immediately after the research fair (3:30 p.m.). Please keep it if you wish.
Location: Cafeteria, Lutheran Medical Center
Judging of posters starts: 2:15 p.m.
Judging of posters ends: 3:15 p.m.
Award: Certificates will be awarded to the best posters.
Winning posters will be displayed in the Auditorium after the Research Fair.
Guidelines for formatting posters to be printed by LMC
- Create your poster in PowerPoint as a single slide.
- Log-in to PB Works (http://pbworks.com/), select your project title, scroll down the page and select Poster. This will take you to Lutheran’s Medical Education website highlighting “Research Fair 2014.” Select the poster instructions and template that’s specific to your project, this will allow you to modify and create your poster. Save this template under a new name and upload it to the poster page of PB Works when you’re done.
- On your poster page in PB Works you can refer to other hyperlinks for additional help.
- Maximum size of poster: 24” high by 36” wide
- The Lutheran HealthCare logo must be on a white background (do not resize).
- The margins of the poster should be as follows: top margin between .5 and 1 inch; side margins exactly 1 inch; bottom margin at least 1 inch. Make sure columns are the same width, line up at the top, and have the same amount of space between them.
- Recommended font sizes: headings 48 point type; text: 24 point type (no smaller than 18)
- Use bullets to set off important points.
- Use typefaces that are easy to read (for example, Arial or Times New Roman).
- Use charts, graphs, or illustrations to communicate the two or three most important messages (the key points) of your paper.
Preston Garnes, email@example.com
Laura Gabbe, Lgabbe@lmcmc.com,
phone 718-630-7487, fax 718-759-5807
Kell Julliard, firstname.lastname@example.org
phone 718-630-6332, fax 718-759-5807
(Our office is located in the 58th Street building, on the corner of 2nd Ave and 58th St. Enter through the door with the blue LMC awning, buzzer is on the left. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor, turn right and right again – our offices are in the corner, rooms 356 & 357.)