Requirements for presentations
- All presentations at the research fair will be done using PowerPoint.
- One rehearsal is mandatory for every presentation.
- Your talk can be no more than 7 minutes long.
- Two minutes will be allowed following each talk for questions from the audience.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014: Final abstract due in Clinical Research Office
Please see the Guidelines for Research Fair Abstracts for requirements.
May 1, 2014: scan and load all graphics into PowerPoint.
May 7, 2014: prepare drafts of all slides with bullet points.
May 12 – 14, 2014: Rehearse and fine-tune presentations
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 – Final slide presentations due by 12 noon
Research Fair – Noon on Thursday, May 15, 2014
Location of podium presentations: Medical and Dental Staff Auditorium, LMC
Podium presentations begin: 12:00 p.m.
Podium presentations end: 2:00 p.m.
Plaques will be awarded to the presenter by the department chair following each podium presentation. (Resident co-authors not presenting will receive framed certificates.)
Guidelines for formatting slides
- 12 words across maximum
- 12 lines maximum
- Light color type (pastel, white) on dark background
- Use heading at top of each slide
- Do not use all capital letters (except in short headings)
- Use charts, graphs, or illustrations to convey most important points)
- Use graphs rather than tables if possible
- Use bullets to set off important points
- Use phrases rather than full sentences
- Use parallel grammatical structure for bullet points
- Use handouts for complex essential information.
Kell Julliard, e-mail: email@example.com
phone 718-630-6332, fax 718-759-5807
Preston Garnes, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Gabbe, e-mail: Lgabbe@lmcmc.com
phone 718-630-7487, fax 718-759-5807
(Our office is located in the 58th Street building, on the corner of 2nd Ave and 58th St. Enter through the door with the blue LMC awning, buzzer is on the left. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor, turn right and right again – our offices are in the corner, rooms 356 & 357.)